SCREEN GP Taiwan Co., Ltd.
Last updated : DEC. 2, 2021
This PRIVACY STATEMENT (the “Privacy Statement”) applies to the collection, storage, disclosure, and other processing of personal data by SCREEN GP Taiwan Co.,Ltd. (the “Company,” “we,” or “us”). We are dedicated to protecting the confidentiality and privacy of the information entrusted to us.
Generally, our intent is to collect only the personal data that you provide voluntarily so that we can offer information, products, and services to you or your company; seek commercial opportunities with your company; or offer information about employment opportunities. Please review this Privacy Statement to learn more about how we collect, process, use, share, and protect the personal data that we have obtained.
1. Collection and use of personal data
1.1 How we collect personal data
We obtain personal data about you if you choose to provide it, for example, to contact our personnel in the course of business. In some cases, you may have previously provided your personal data to us.
By providing and/or submitting personal data to us, you are also acknowledging that we may use this information in accordance with this Privacy Statement. Your personal data is not used for other purposes, unless we obtain your permission or are otherwise required or permitted to do so by law.
1.2 Legal grounds to collect and process your personal data
We generally collect only the personal data necessary to fulfill your request. Where additional, optional information is sought, you will be notified upon collection.
We collect or process personal data so long as we have grounds under law to do so. When we collect or process your personal data, we will rely on one of the following conditions:
- Performance of a contract or Preparation for entering into a contract: This is when the collection or processing of your personal data is necessary in order to perform our obligations under a contract with you or to prepare to enter into a contract with you.
- Legal obligation or public interest: This is when we are required to collect or process your personal data in order to comply with a legal obligation or to further public interests, such as keeping records for tax purposes or providing information to a public body or law enforcement agency.
- Your consent: We may occasionally ask you for specific permission to collect or process some of your personal data, and we will only collect or process your personal data in this way if you agree to us doing so. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at our sales representative.
We collect “sensitive” personal data only when the relevant individuals voluntarily provide us with this data along with a written consent or where such data is required or permitted to be collected by law. Sensitive personal data includes personal data regarding a person’s medical records, health care, genetics, sex life, physical examination, or criminal record as defined by applicable laws. Please use your discretion when providing sensitive personal data to us, and do not, under any circumstances, provide sensitive personal data to us unless you consent to our use of that sensitive personal data, to the extent permitted by applicable law, for legitimate business purposes and to the transfer and storage of such data to and in the Company’s databases. If you have any questions about whether the provision of sensitive personal data to us is or may be necessary or appropriate for particular purposes, please contact us at our sales representative.
We use the personal data only for the duration of the purpose for which it was collected or for the period of time specified in the relevant regulation or contract. We use the personal data in a worldwide range, and only by the methods permitted by the applicable law.
1.3 Categories and purposes of processing of personal data
We may collect, process, use, and disclose personal data solely to the extent necessary to conduct our business activities and only within the scope of the purposes indicated when we obtained the personal data. The personal data that we process may include the following information:
Categories of Personal Data
Purpose of collect and process
Customer’s name, company name, position, department, phone number, email address, any other information displayed on business cards, etc.
(a) to commence business with you
(b) to provide production and sales support
(c) to provide follow-up services
(d) to conduct customer management
(e) to perform financial controls
(f) for product sales
(g) for procurement and payment
(h) for tax-related procedures
(i) for contract and dispute management
(j) to provide promotional information of our products and services
Customer inquiries and all information contained in such inquiries, etc.
(a) to communicate and respond your inquiries
Event visitor’s name, company name, position, department, phone number, email address, and any other information submitted via registration or displayed on business cards, etc.
(a) to contact and provide information about Company events
(b) to obtain feedback or questionnaires regarding Company events
(c) to provide promotional information of our products and services
Applicant’s name, school name or company name, employment history/work experience, academic background, address, phone number, email address, family structure, previous and expected salary, and other information shown in CVs.
(a) to assess and evaluate suitability for employment in any current or future position in the Company
(b) to verify identity, personal data, and other provided information
(c) to enter into an employment contract with you
(a) to verify the applicant’s qualification for the relevant job position
1.4 Handling of minors’ personal data
We understand the importance of protecting children’s privacy and do not intentionally collect personal data from minors. It is our policy never to knowingly collect or maintain information about anyone under the age of 20 without obtaining the consent of the holder of parental responsibility over the child in question. Accordingly, if you are under the age of 20, you must obtain permission to send your personal data to us by any means from the person with parental authority over you.
2. Sharing and transfer of personal data
2.1 Sharing with third parties
We do not share personal data with any third party, except as necessary for the specific purpose for which such personal data was collected, and/or as required or permitted by law. This includes:
- Our affiliated companies: In connection with one or more of the purposes described above, we may disclose your personal data to SCREEN Holdings Co., Ltd. and its affiliates. You can find the list of all such affiliates here.
- Our service providers: We work with reputable partners, dealers, service providers, and agencies that process your personal data on our behalf. We will transfer personal data to them only if they meet our strict standards for data processing and security. We share only the personal data that allows them to provide us with their services.
- If we are reorganized or sold to another organization: We may disclose personal data in connection with the sale, assignment, or other transfer of the business of the site to which the data relates.
- Courts, tribunals, law enforcement, or regulatory bodies: We may disclose personal data in order to respond to requests of courts, tribunals, government, or law enforcement agencies or where it is necessary or prudent to comply with applicable laws, court or tribunal orders or rules, or government regulations.
- Audits: Disclosure of personal data may be needed for data privacy or security audits and/or to investigate or respond to a complaint or security threat.
In addition, we may transfer or store certain personal data outside of your country of residence for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. If we do so, your personal data may be transferred to and stored in foreign countries with laws that may not provide the same level of data protection as your country of residence. In such cases, we will ensure that your personal data will continue to be protected by the contracts we have in place with the recipient of the personal data or any other means allowed by law.
3. Your rights
If you have submitted personal data to us, you may have the following rights with respect to your personal data under the applicable laws:
- Right to access to personal data;
- Right to rectification and supplement;
- Right to erasure (right to be forgotten);
- Right to restriction of collecting, processing, and using;
- Right to data portability and requesting for copies of the personal data collected by us;
- Right to object to collecting, processing, and using;
- Right to withdraw your consent to collecting, processing, and using; and
- Right not to be subject to automated decision-making.
You can make a request or exercise these rights by contacting us at our sales representative, and we will put forth all reasonable and practical efforts to comply with your request, so long as it is consistent with the applicable laws. We will always give you the option to decline to provide personal data or to decline to allow us to use personal data for the purposes for which such personal data was collected; provided that we may not be able to provide our products and services or execute a contract with you if you decline to provide or to allow us to use the certain personal data.
If you feel that the Company has not responded to your requests in accordance with the applicable laws or has handled your personal data unlawfully, you may have the right to submit a complaint to a responsible regulatory authority.
4. Data security and integrity
We have reasonable security policies and procedures in place to protect personal data from unauthorized loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. Despite our best efforts, however, security cannot be absolutely guaranteed against all threats. To the best of our ability, access to your personal data is limited to those who have a need to know. Those individuals who have access to the data are required to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
We also put forth reasonable efforts to retain personal data only for so long as the information is necessary to comply with an individual’s request, the specific purpose for which personal data was collected disappears, the term for collecting personal data expires, or until that person asks that the information be deleted.
5. Changes to this Privacy Statement
The Company may modify this Privacy Statement from time to time to reflect our current privacy practices or to comply with changes in our legal and/or regulatory obligations. When we make changes to this Privacy Statement, we will revise the “updated” date at the top of this page. We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Statement so that you are informed about how the Company is protecting your data.
6. Policy questions and enforcement
We are committed to protecting the privacy of your personal data. If you have questions or comments about our administration of your personal data, please contact us at our sales representative. You may also use this contact information to communicate any concerns you may have regarding compliance with our Privacy Statement.